The company are a leading process business in Derbyshire that have been established for over 30 years. Due to further expansion of their team they have an opportunity for a Welding Engineer to join the business. This is a new position and it offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
Working within an experienced and established Operations team, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Welding and NDT within the business and shall ensure that the company's accreditation to BS EN ISO 3834 is maintained
Primary responsibilities for the Senior Engineer:
- The Instigation, planning and organisation of new weld tests to ensure the ongoing business requirements are maintained
- Continuous improvement & maintenance of the company weld documentation. Including, PQR's, Welder qualifications, welder performance & NDT
- Preparation and maintenance of all Quality Work Procedures and Work Instructions relating to Weld and NDT processes.
- Weld/Welder performance monitoring to ensure:Procedural adherence is maintained/Personnel competence is evident/Correct equipment is being used/Consumable handling & storage is evident
- Ensuring welding plant & equipment is fully maintained and calibrated
Requirements of the Senior Engineer:
- Be able to demonstrate their skills and experience as a Welding Engineer
- Have an extensive knowledge of welding processes
- Hold a HNC/HND in an engineering discipline
- Have a working knowledge of both destructive & non-destructive testing
- Be a proficient user of Microsoft outlook, word and excel packages
In return they offer a very competitive salary and benefits package:
- Salary: £45k to £50k
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 days holiday
- Flexi time available - 39 hour working week
- Life Cover
- Paycare Scheme (Dental, Eyes)
- Mobile Phone
- Dress down Fridays
- Fruit Bowls provided
- Free parking on site
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.