Welding Engineer, Oxford, £50,000pa plus benefits:
Our client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of superconducting magnetic resonance imaging magnets. They are now looking to recruit a Welding Engineer Welding Engineer to work with a team of engineers to ensure that manufacturing processes and equipment reliably deliver products of the highest quality, at the right cost, and on time to ensure our customer needs are met.
The Welding Engineer will also be responsible for ensure compliance to code as well as developing our welding techniques, processes and designs for the next generation of products. As the Welding Engineer you'll be working alongside our quality, materials and R&D departments as part of the team driving continuous improvement activities, as well as developing other welding technicians and engineers to further enhance our processes.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Technical responsibility for welding activities, ensuring code compliance to ASME 8, EN 13445 and PED.
- Providing welding technical support to process and engineering teams to ensure business requirements (KPI's) are achieved.
- In partnership with engineering, introduce new products into production, identify, assess and develop future technologies and processes.
- Resolve welding related technical issues and produce reports around these issues.
- Interaction with notified bodies, internal audit teams and suppliers.
- Ensure that safe working practices are in place, driving a high safety, zero-harm culture.
- Continuously develop supplier relationships and performance in partnership with Procurement & Quality departments.
Your qualifications and experience:
- Hold European Welding Engineer qualification (or Welding Technician/Specialist with extensive experience).
- Degree qualified (preferably in an Engineering, Science or, manufacturing related subject) or extensive equivalent experience.
- Substantial experience in welding stainless steel pressure vessels and within the requirements of EN 13445 and ASME 8.
- Experience working with regulatory bodies and report writing surrounding welding topics.
- Proven track record in developing manufacturing techniques, processes and designs.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience of managing project teams would be preferable.
What are the benefits in this role? Salary plus bonus, 26 days holidays, Great pension contribution, Private medical insurance, On-site gym and subsidised gourmet restaurant, Plus many more…
This role is commutable from Oxford, Witney, Swindon, Abingdon, Didcot, Newbury, Banbury, Bicester, Thame and Cirencester.
If you're a Coded Welder or Welding Engineer with a passion for welding and welding coding, then this role is right up your street.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).