The company are a multi-million pound turnover business in the material handling sector. Due to further expansion of one of their division in the West Midlands they have a new opportunity for a Workshop Engineer to join the team. The position offers a very attractive salary and full benefits package.
This position would suit a Vehicle Technician, Master Technician or HGV Technician who is looking for a new opportunity in a different industry
Responsibilities for the Workshop Engineer:
- To find, diagnose and rectify faults and order the necessary spare parts as efficiently as possible, adhering to all company H&S and Environmental policies and procedures and site policies and to ensure familiarity with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2000 and 14001:2004.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed and submitted in a timely fashion
- Liaise with the first line of management for authorisation of parts and process order numbers
- To ensure all allocated work is adhered to and work to strict deadlines
- Ensure all company issued equipment is kept in a satisfactory condition
- To collect and return trucks to site/base once serviced
- NVQ Level 3 minimum in Vehicle or Plant Maintenance
- Experience with engines, electrics, gear box, transmissions.
- Hydraulics preferred but not essential
- Background as a mechanic or technician preferred
In return they offer a very attractive salary and benefits package
- £25,000 - £28,000
- Service attendance bonus of £300 quarterly
- Overtime paid at time and half Saturday mornings and then double time Saturday afternoons and Sundays
- 6% Contributory Pension Scheme
- Additional bonuses
- 33 days holiday
- Life Cover
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.