We are currently recruiting for a Yardman for our client based in Walsall , this is for an immediate start for the right candidate
The Yardman is responsible for cleaning down all returned equipment to prepare for service and maintenance work. To load and unload vehicles and maintain a clean and safe yard area. Complete audits as requested and contribute to the annual stock check. Working as part of the depot operations team and providing full operational support to all areas of the business.
- Loading & Unloading Load delivery vehicles using system generated paperwork.
- Ensure all external hauliers have the relevant delivery paperwork and drivers are loaded with allocated deliveries only.
- Receive all off hired equipment in to the depot, unloading and checking paperwork for accuracy of plant numbers etc.
- All paperwork to be handed to the office for processing.
- Check equipment for damage and highlight to the fitters and Team Leader.
- Ensure safety, lifting and survey equipment is transferred to the depot.
- Slinger/signaler duties for loading/unloading.
- Service & Maintenance
- Prepare non mechanical plant for hire; cleaning down, painting and checking ready for hire.
- Assist with welding plant numbers on company assets.
- Provide Team Leader with information on labour worked to be transferred to the system workshop job.
- Support the Tools, Plant, Specialist and Tunnelling operations with various duties including cleaning down equipment and painting.
- Other Duties Key holder for the barrier system in the depot, accepting vehicles in to the yard ensuring a banksman is provided for all reversing and drivers follow the sign in procedure.
- Receive goods in the depot form suppliers, checking supplier paperwork and stocking in relevant area, handing paperwork to the Team Leader.
- Commercial Maintain accurate stock levels within the system by ensuring orders are picked accurately.
- Report stock issues and highlight where customer orders could potentially be delayed.
- Complete stock audits as requested, feeding back to the Team Leader and Quality Team.
- Support the business during annual stock checks.
- Health and Safety Complete tasks in accordance with the depot risk assessments, notify the Team Leader of any potential noncompliance.
- Report accidents and near misses using the correct methods.
- Ensure the correct PPE is used in the depot at all times.
- Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping, ensure areas are free from waste and trip hazards etc
- Complete weekly checks for all equipment used within the depot as listed in department file.
- Quality Ensure works are carried out in accordance with processes.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by providing suggestions and feedback to Team Leaders and Management.
- Work to agreed timescales updating the Team Leader on progress.
- Maintain good communication with Team Leaders and Management at all times.
- All orders are to be wrapped, banded and packaged as per delivery method.
Key measures & targets:
- Quality of yard area Accuracy of equipment booked in and out
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
- Essential Previous experience working in a Yardman role in the plant hire industry
- Previous experience loading and unloading vehicles
- Driving licence Ability to work well within a team, offering support to others
- Desirable Product knowledge of plant, tools, specialist kit and tunnelling equipment Forklift licence Slinger/Signaller experience
Please apply by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org