We have multiple opportunities within Birmingham to work alongside Young People’s Services.
We are looking for strong support staff to work waking nights across 2 units within Birmingham.
The Young People’s Services supports ex-offenders between the ages of 16 and 25 during their rehabilitative transition from supported accommodation back to living within the community.
Operation hours for this service are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, however the service operates a curfew for its users of 11pm. At this time all visitors must vacate the premises and sign out accordingly, all service users must be back in the building and accounted for.
Due to the nature of the service, experience within an ex-offender unit is vital alongside experience with children and young people.
Due to the potential display of challenging and potentially aggressive behaviour so suitability screening will take place prior to an offer of interview.
Your duties will include (but not be limited to)
- Monitoring CCTV for the duration of the shift for usual activity
- Completing hourly observations and documenting these in full within the communications books
- Liaising with social workers and the police regarding health and wellbeing of service users, incidents that have occurred and daily reports that need to be made
- Ensuring all visitors are signed out of, and vacated, the premises by 11pm curfew each day
- Accounting for each service user and ensuring they have returned to the building at 11pm curfew
- Correctly documenting any service user that has not returned in time for curfew and therefore not in the building throughout the night
Staff do not practise physical intervention if aggressive behaviour is displayed between service users, or equally, if displayed by outside visitors attempting to gain access to the building or contact with a service user. All staff wear a tagged lanyard with a button which, when pressed, alerts the Police that they are needed at the scene and records any conversation/noise in real time.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has previously worked within this sector, also a candidate that is looking for a full time permanent waking night position.